Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Truly Blessed and truly thankful

As I sit and contemplate the many conversations I've had the past few days, I have just been reminded of how thankful I am that this world is not our home. . . 

that there is something better that we hope for. . . 

but, for today, I find myself here in this broken world crying tears of sorrow as I pray for dear friends who are facing tough, desperate, and seemingly hopeless situations.

And yet
in the midst of pain and heartache, 
in the midst of struggles and confusion, 
in the midst of ugliness and frustrations -  

Beauty is there, 
Comfort is there, 
Friendship is there, 
Forgiveness is there, 
Peace is there, 
Love is there, 
Hope is there. . . 

because HE is there.

And because He is there my soul is strengthened and I am reminded of His many blessings and of his undeserved and unreserved Grace and my heart can truly say "blessed be the name of the Lord."  

No comments: