Friday, December 12, 2008

Family Driven Faith




Have you read this book yet?  Family Driven Faith by Voddie Baucham is one of those great books that both encourages and challenges you.  If you haven't read it yet, I would encourage you to check it out!  

The only thing better than the book might be hearing Voddie preach this message (he is an inspiring preacher!).  You can hear some of his messages HERE.  

I highly recommend these two messages (I haven't listened to the rest yet)

The Centrality of the Home (a message he preached to an assembly of 1,000 pastors)
and/or
Getting Your House in Order (basically it is the message of his book, Family Driven Faith)

  My husband and I have been doing a lot of praying, thinking, and talking lately about the centrality of the home in the discipleship of children and on the place of youth ministry in the local church. . . we're pretty sure that the common ym model used in most churches today is not biblical nor effective (and my husband WAS a youth pastor for almost 10 years, so we've been there!).  

I would love to hear your thoughts after you listen in or if you've read the book!

4 comments:

Created For His Glory said...

This is one of my very favorite books and the most common gift I give people! Families NEED to read this and discuss it as a couple.

Cyndy said...

Well, if you're lending it out I'd love to borrow it (wink, wink)!
I've only read one article by Voddie Bauchum and I loved it!

Now for something that will show you a little linky love, head on over to my blog! :D

Liberia Adoption said...

I've listened to him on Biblical Womanhood. He's so good! Right on. Will have to check into this book....
Miss you

Anonymous said...

My husband and I have read this book and really enjoy Voddie Baucham and how vocal he is for the family integrated church. He says what we think so much better than either of us could ever articulate. It's great that you are getting his words and ideas out there. We didn't realize how the mainstream church model fragments family until we adopted kids with FAS/RAD and needed to focus on bonding our family. This is also one of the first books I recommend to others.

shasta