
Will you PLEASE lift these three precious children up when you pray.
I am LONGING for them to have a home and I would LOVE it if we could adopt them into our family. I believe that, statistically speaking, these children have a less than 5% chance of being adopted since there are 3 of them together, two of them are boys, and two of them are over age 5. It is especially low b/c so many people are scared of adopting a 9 year old boy (which is a post and discussion for another day). Isn't this sad?
However, I don't much care what the statistics say (LOL!). . . I BELIEVE that God has a plan for their lives and wants them to have a loving family to be a part of and to be raised up to be warriors for Christ so I am trusting that He is already working it out even if we can't see it.
My husband and I have prayed and talked and we are definitely ready to bring them home if that is what the Lord wills and provides. Whether it is us, or another family, will you join us in praying for Peter, Esther, and Nehemiah?
3 comments:
On my knees sister! I can't wait to meet them! ;D
I am praying!! They are just so darn cute, and with names like that...I am PRAYING!
Just stoped for the first time on your blog. They are SO sweet!
I thought I would say a little encouraging thing...we have adopted 6 from Liberia (and have 8 bio children).
Our first set of three we adopted were 8b,5g,and 2g when they came in Dec 07.
Our second set of three were 11g,6g,6g when they first came Feb of 08.
Things are going well for us.
I will also say the adjustment for our family with the second adoption was WAY easier that the adjustment we all went through with our first three even though none of our fears were realised with our first three.We heard a lot of advice on why we should not adopt older expecialy a boy but we are very glad we did.
When our second set of three came our first set of three kind of perked up a little more.It was good for them to have memories of Liberia with their new sibs.I would say from my perspective things are going good and I would adopt more Liberian older children again.
Good luck!
Tina
Post a Comment