Sunday, March 1, 2009

From Hair Extensions to "Sah'-boo"

Here's what I promised a few weeks ago in my last "hair" post.  Sorry it took so long!

"Sah'-boo" is the term my Liberian kiddos use (well, now ALL of my children use it) to mean "bald head." When they first came home, our Liberian boys did NOT want to be "sah'-boo." Now, they actually prefer us to keep their hair shorter since it is super kinky and hard to keep combed out. So, every couple of months my husband gets out the hair clippers and shaves their heads "sah'boo." Mr. Z would like his "sah'boo" too, but he looks like he is a cancer patient when he's totally bald, so we have to limit him to the super-short "Marine's" look.

During our last head shaving event, Little Missy decided that she, too, would like to be "sah'boo." Well. . . although I have actually come to enjoy doing her hair (and I even learned how to do add extensions to her cornrows thanks to a Christmas gift from my sister), we decided that there's probably no better time to try it, so. . .

Announcing "Little Missy Sah'boo"




As you can tell, she really loves it.  We thought she might be sad after it was gone, but instead she said, "I love it!  and after it grows back, we can shave it again!"  

We bought some cute new headbands and we are enjoying our break from "hair days" for a while!

2 comments:

Ginny said...

She looks cute, and what a bonus that it saves time too! We are letting our boys' hair grow, but aren't sure yet what we are going to do with it. We have considered letting it dread a little-we'll see...
We do own a good pair of clippers :)

Anonymous said...

She is SSSOOOOOOO beautiful. F8 said she looks like Speedy Mo. :-D I like the 'do on her.

Love,
Frances