Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thankful

Our little "surprise" last week threw our lives into chaos for the better part of the weekend!  I thought going from one to 4 children was an adjustment, but I'd have to say that going from 4 to 6 has been even tougher.  Of course, had I had more than 3 hours notice that I'd be having two babies under age 2, it might not have been quite as rough!  LOL!

The initial adjustment for everyone (sweet babies included) was a little crazy, but we are settling in and getting into some sort of routine, getting the house back to livable status, learning the "M&M's" routines, and beginning to get some sleep.  I think I have single-handedly kept the local coffee shop in business this week!

As I was contemplating what to post this morning in regards to this past week, I couldn't help but realize that, despite the crazy chaos and lack of sleep, really. . . I am just thankful!

I am thankful for. . . 
  • the Lord's sustaining grace and peace in the midst of trials
  • a wonderful husband who loves me and knows me so well
  • the "froo-froo" coffee that my wonderful hubby brings me each morning because he knows I am tired right now
  • my children who have sacrificed time with their mama so that I can meet the very pressing needs of these 2 little "M&M's"
  • the character and love of Christ I see manifested in my children's lives
  • a home that is large enough to meet the needs of the many people the Lord has put here
  • a car in working order, a friend who is a mechanic offering to fix our other car, a friend loaning us their large van to fit everyone in this week
  • the Lord sending me two great college students to visit us this week (they have been an INVALUABLE help!)
  • GREAT friends who brought meals, baby gates, strollers, clothes, and everything else we needed spur of the moment
  • a soft bed to sleep in at night (next to my wonderful husband!), even if it only is for 3 hours!  LOL!
  • strength from the Lord to keep going when I'm exhausted
  • "Little Einsteins" (I didn't even know this show existed since we hardly ever watch TV, but I was VERY thankful for this show the past few mornings!  LOL!)
Seriously, the list could go on forever!  So often in the "dailiness of life, I miss all of the blessings that are around me ALL of the time.  This week has brought some forgotten perspective.  My prayer is that I am able to love on these "M&M's" until they can be reunited with their birth mother and that this time will remind me to be more thoughtful and thankful of all that God has given!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so awesome, Jen, and we of course, know that our heavenly Father is as well. YOU ROCK! It was fun having "Little Missy" for a bit. She was so polite and kind, and my M5 loved having a girl to sit next to on the way home. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to help. I get lost in my little world over here, and get tunnel vision. I'd love to help in any way we can.

Love,
Frances