So, we were officially approved yesterday as foster parents AND. . .
We also actually became foster parents! LOL!
Needless to say we were far from "set up" but we really prayed that the Lord would bring them here if this is where they needed to be - and he did! So, we rolled up our sleeves, enlisted the help of some GREAT friends, and pulled it all together very quickly to receive our first
TWO children. . .
under age 2!
Well, I haven't been here for a while, so I'm remembering funny things like:
it is really hard to carry 2 babies, a purse, AND a diaper bag (especially when your sunglasses keep falling off your head) in to the doctors office by yourself - what exactly was I thinking? LOL!
Last night was great. Not much sleep, but all things considered, they are feeling very safe and secure here and hopefully will be reunited with their parents soon.
Please pray for us that we would have an opportunity to share with these parents and this family and to show them God's amazing love! Our prayer is that God will receive glory in this whole situation and grant us his grace as we walk through it!
2 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow Jen, that is really cool. I am praying for you right now for stamina and rest! :) We have three little ones right now, and when the adrenaline wears off, it is tiring. What a wonderful thing you are doing for those little ones and for God!
C
Post a Comment