I just had to pass along this funny bit of wisdom from one of the greatest 8 year olds I know (besides my own!). Enjoy!
Mini M 'n' M's Tube 1 by ~touch-of-insanity on deviantART
--------------------------------------------------So, this from the 8 year old today after church...The context: Teen girls at our church are handing our small tubes of mini M&Ms. Church goers are encouraged to take the tube of M&Ms, eat the candy, and return the tube next week full of cash to help the girls go to the Girls' Youth Conference (Revolve Tour, maybe?)So of course, all my kids wanted candy, which they were gladly given upon leaving the church.In the car on the way home, with mouth full of chocolate, my 8 year old sonasks..."so mom, what's this candy thing about again?"I try to explain what exactly a Youth Conference is."Well, its a special weekend where girls go away with their friends, stayin a hotel, hear lots of good bands and concerts...all to worship God ofcourse...then they hear preachers and speakers who encourage them to really commit their lives to the Lord, and they hear theGospel, Bible teaching, etc."Eight year old, still chewing ponders a moment...then responds,"Hmm. . . Why don't they just go to church? It's free."Dad thinks his son in brilliant, but he refrained from telling him so on the spot.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
The Wonderful Wisdom of an 8 year old
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh my gosh, that was so funny!
(Especially since we are doing the M&M thing at our church, too. I thought that was the greatest fund-raising idea ever).
Now that IS one smart 8 year old! Ha!
I love your children!!! I love you!!! I love this!!!
Post a Comment