Monday, January 5, 2009

Please pray for Speedy Mo

I know I've been a little "quiet" on the blog for the past few weeks.  Speedy Mo got quite ill right around Christmas time and still has not fully recovered.  We always know when he doesn't feel good because he actually sits still for more than 10 seconds and he doesn't want to eat very much.  LOL!  But I digress, so. . .  after a full course of antibiotics, 14 days of on and off again fevers, and a 3 day virus type rash (measles?), he still has some mysterious swollen lymph nodes.  We will be taking him in for blood work and further testing early this week.  

Obviously we are praying that he will be healed and that this will turn out to be just a weakened immune system, but I also would ask for all of you to pray that (no matter what) the Lord would be glorified in Speedy Mo's life and in our lives.  We know and believe that God is both Sovereign and Good and we fully trust him but we also know that we are depraved and weak and in need of his grace to help us in our unbelief.  

I am also sensing some spiritual oppression within our family right now - just seems like something has been intensifying over the past week or so.  Please pray that the power of the Holy Spirit would be at work here in our home and in our lives and that the enemy would have NO foothold in any of our lives or in our home.  

Thank you for praying and I will let you know what we find out.  

3 comments:

Created For His Glory said...

Praying that the spirit of infirmity leaves in the name of Jesus right now!

Donna said...

Praying that he is recovered fully soon.
Also that the heaviness of this spiritual oppression may be lifted totally from your family, that Jesus may be glorified!

Jen said...

thank you so much for your prayers! Please continue. Speedy Mo is feeling MUCH better the past few days. We will know more next week and I'll be sure to update. We really appreciate your prayers!!