Just 18 months ago you seemed more like a preschooler in both size and in development and I am sure that any "expert" would have said that you should have been diagnosed with attachment disorders and hyperactivity. Too bad for the experts that this mama didn't spend too much time worrying about what they all thought - LOL!
I can hardly believe the changes that have occurred in you. You are certainly not a preschooler anymore. You are a BIG 7 now! You are now almost as big as your "biggest brother:" weighing in at 60 + lbs. (and most of that is muscle!). You are easily playing U-10 soccer with your older brothers, you are your sister's protector, and you are mama's biggest helper.
You have always been our very sweet, well-meaning, yet somewhat short-sighted one. . . "oh, sorry" (LOL!). . . but lately you have been trying so hard to have self-control. Congratulations on sitting through church last week without talking or sleeping, or moving all around! I know that took a LOT of effort and attention!
What growth we have seen in you this year as you have learned to trust us and have learned to give and receive love. I remember wondering if there would ever be a time when you would "warm up" and really "want" to give me a hug without being stiff and pulling away. I was scared that the aloof little boy might be forever lost in that glossy eyed stare that wasn't connected at all. Now I love to see you interacting with everyone with a smile and zeal for life that is more than most people I know. And, although you still have a mischevious streak, you have gone from trouble-maker to peace-maker. What a blessing to see you trying to be a blessing to those around you!
How amazing is GOD! He has truly redeemed all of the time we didn't have together those first 5 years and has helped us both to tie the heart strings of true love and attachment. As I tickled you tonight and tucked you in, I was reminded of what a true blessing you are in our lives and of how much Grace the Lord has had for all of us over this past year and a half! We know that God has good plans for you, "my Maw-o-nee" - plans to give you a future and a hope - and we pray that it will be all for His Glory!
No comments:
Post a Comment