Thursday, April 23, 2009

Sweet Blessings for Six Weeks

Six weeks - that is how long we had our two sweet foster babies (the mini M & M's).  We were notified yesterday that they were being placed with extended family and we had to drop them off this morning. . . ughh . . . I knew it would be hard, but I guess I didn't think it would hurt this much.  We LOVED them, really loved them and we had just made it past the hard weeks of adjusting and everyone was feeling settled and content.  Not to mention that the 21 month old had just started running to the door every night when Jeff got home saying "Hi Daddy!" The 10 month old was saying mama and almost walking. . . so precious

I must say that in our first glimpse into the foster care system, my thoughts that the system is totally messed up were completely confirmed (more on that later).   

I know that the Lord is good and has a good purpose for our lives and for the lives of these two babies.  We know that He is in control and that the prayers we've offered on their behalf will not return void.  We KNOW we were called to do this and that we were doing this out of obedience to Christ (believe me, there is not another reason a person would do this to themselves! LOL!).  

Will our hearts heal?  Yes, and we are not without hope. . . but, for today, we will grieve the loss of two babies who were becoming "ours."



3 comments:

Shawna said...

Jen, you have been so heavy on my heart today. I'm grieving with you.
Love you.

Liberia Adoption said...

I'm sorry Jen, I know this has to hurt even though you are so good about trusting God's perfect plan. We love you guys and are praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Jen-I'm so sorry! I just got home tonight to see your post (2 MAY). I hope things have settled a little, but I know it will still take awhile. I'll be praying for you.

Love,
Frances