It was a great day!
I met some homeschooling mommy friends for our weekly coffee and chat and then spent the rest of the afternoon visiting with one of the best homeschooling mommies I know while we watched our children snow sled and play snow football for about 3 hours (mommies stayed inside with the "littles").
We topped off the day with pizza for dinner (daddies included!) and the children all watched Ratatouille which meant that we actually had time to sit and talk to our dear friends for more than an hour! This, I assure you, is a rarity for us right now. Our great evening ended with chocolate chip cookies for all before we headed home for bed.
This is what we refer to as a "good idea" which is quite different from a "not so good idea" (like trying to roast hot dogs and marshmallows outside with 8 children under the age of 8 and an incessantly-barking Labrador puppy - yeah, that might be a "good idea" in about 4 years. . . LOL!)
Well, even the "not so good ideas" are actually pretty great when shared with great friends and they do give us a good laugh. . . eventually!
This day was made even better knowing that the dear Addy's Hope families arrived safely back in the States today with their precious children after a long and hard spiritual battle which many people fought on their knees and in which the Lord was, is, and will continue to be glorified!
3 comments:
Those evenings with friends-friends who have children that your children can play with while you talk and hang out- are the best! Part of the reason why those evenings are great is their rarity though!
Jen! I'm sooo glad you are blogging...I always love talking with you and this will sort of be a way I can "talk" with you more often!
I love days like that. It sounds like you had an awesome time. You just gotta do that once in awhile.
Take care,
Frances
Post a Comment