After they got home and settled in just a bit, we discussed the idea with them just to see how they felt about it. None of them felt strongly that they wanted to change their names except for "Speedy Mo" who thought his name should be Bob. Um, no, I don't think you are a "Bob." LOL!
Nothing wrong with the name Bob, but "Speedy Mo" was just joking around as we would come to find out was very much a part of his personality!
So, their names stayed the same and it (for us) has been a really good thing. There are, by the way, good reasons for changing a child's name too or for giving them another name and using their given name as a middle name, etc. . .
But, I am proud to announce that I AM giving new names to my 3 new girls. Well, really it is just new bloggy names since Miss C, Miss D, and Miss A were sort of boring and lacked a sense of their personalities. Now that we know them better, I think we will use the names "Smarty," "Sweetie," and "Spunky" here on the blog. . . if you know them in real life, I think you will agree that these are quite fitting! LOL!
1 comment:
Your family is just so awesome- I have been praying for you all! Thanks for your comment on my blog- and yes, you can link away. ;0) Love, Amy
Post a Comment