It does feel a bit like I just had triplets (or maybe sextuplets!). Some of my friends were joking that Monday (when we brought the kids home) it seemed like they were waiting for "the call" from a friend who had been in labor! The past few days have been really great but also a bit of a blur. . . again, sort of like bringing home a baby.
I just wanted to do a quick check in and let ya'll (yes, I once lived in Oklahoma!) know that things are good. The boys are wonderful! They are cute, happy, funny, and very responsive. My husband and I have decided that people who write "reports" about kids in foster care are mostly wrong (IMHO). . . everything we've ever read about our foster children has been pretty much just a case of them not being in a loving, stable, and structured environment. We have seen INCREDIBLE changes in the girls in the past 2 months. . . and these boys, who supposedly have all of these "problems," are doing GREAT. Not that we don't expect issues; of course there will be things to deal with, but we are really praising the Lord for blessing us with these wonderful children!
Thank you to all of my wonderful IRL friends who realized this would be like bringing home a baby and have organized and have been bringing meals for our family. That has been a lifesaver! We have been REALLY busy parenting each and every moment and I haven't been able to sneak in even an hour of cooking! I might have been able to get into the kitchen if it wasn't for paperwork that needs to be filled out. . . LOTS of paperwork and appointments for EACH of my 6 new children. . . let's see, today I was doing "clothing inventories" for each child.
So, here is the question of the day. . . are you ready?
WHY in the world does an 8 year old boy have 40 pairs of underwear, 12 pairs of really nice jeans, 8 pairs of shoes (PLUS sandals, Tevas, and slippers), and 30+ shirts? Really? this is crazy! I won't even start to tell you about Baby A's clothes! LOL! Let's just say that I could probably never do laundry again and I wouldn't run out!
1 comment:
Oh I wish I could bring you a meal too. But I'm glad to know ya'll;) are eating good, and that things are going so well. Thanks for the update. I know you are so busy right now so it's good to keep up with things on the blog. Talk to you soon! much love-
Post a Comment