Sunday, November 29, 2009

If you love(d) Laura. . .

I LOVED Laura Ingalls Wilder when I was a child. I read The Little House Series over so many times that I completely wore out my cherished boxed set (I still have it though; couldn't bare to throw it away!).

I'll have to admit here that I still REALLY love to read any of the Little House books aloud to my children and I always hope they will love Laura just as much as I did (oh, o.k., as much as I still DO!).

I'll have to admit, I've never really thought about the political views of Laura before, but this post is quite enlightening and has got me wondering how much her writings may have actually helped to form some of my political views! LOL! Who knew!

Check it out!
The Politics of Laura Ingalls Wilder

Posted using ShareThis

1 comment:

Cyndy said...

What a great article!!!! I never thought about how those books may have influenced my own political views either...but certainly they did.

I have a book of Laura's "pre-Little House" writings...I'll have to share it with you sometime. I think you will really enjoy it. (And it is proof that Rose didn't completely ghost write the books.)