"When night comes, and retrospect shows that everything was patchwork and much that one had planned left undone, when so many things rouse shame and regret, then take all as is, lay it in God's hands, and offer it up to Him. In this way we will be able to rest in Him, actually to rest and to begin the new day like a new life."
St. Teresa Benedicta of the Cross
patchwork.
undone.
shame.
regret.
yep. pretty much ending most days, lately, just like that.
and what can I do?
Offer it all up to Him.
and rest.
Thank you St. Theresa for the wise words.
I'm writing this in the front cover of my Bible so I can read it every night!
Oh, to rest in Him and to begin each day anew with joy and anticipation of what He will do.
1 comment:
Praying for you Jen!! I can only imagine! It was difficult adding two older children to our family, the thought of 6 more is staggering!! He is able in our weekness!!
Delighting in Him
Donna
Post a Comment