I LOVED this so much because it was the answer to my prayers lately for God to show me what I've been missing in parenting our new "RAD" children. . .
It gives a biblical way to define what is going on (rather than the psychological term of Reactive Attachment Disorder): Our children have 2 things:
1. A Strong Will that is very rebellious
and
2. A Broken Spirit
AHA! When we finally come to define what is going on biblically, we can find HOPE and HEALING!!! For, God gives us the remedies for strong wills and broken spirits right there in His Word! And, so, coupled with God's Grace and Mercy, a biblical approach to healing a broken spirit and breaking a rebellious will, we can truly HEAL the hearts of our children!
5 comments:
WOW! What an amazing post she had. I have so much respect for you guys. You are TOTALLY doing the Lord's work with your families, and from his teaching. Thank you for linking to her post, Jen.
Love you,
Frances
Jenn, YOU have been an encouragment to me! You helped us through these past 2 years as we struggled to parent this child with "RAD". Thank you for speaking truth to us! Praying for you . . .
Laura
Agreed that was such a great post. In a lot of ways it was true for Noah too. His spirit has been at least nearly broken, with an unyielding will which he needs, but we def. have to bring and keep it under authority:) I'm praying for you. I hope you all are doing okay.
Loved this--are you sure we are not long lost kindred spirits. I am preparing to write a series of posts titled, "psychology--opening up our children to demonic influence." I say prepare, because I know that my heart needs to be in the right place for the unkind comments that will be sure to follow.
Hugs from the North,
Summer
Hi Jen, I know this is an older post, but I click on your link to this from your post from today 3/17. I have taken notes from both your post and Mouro's post. We have been home now 9 months with our daughter who will turn 13 in a couple weeks. We have six kids, 3 bio/3 adopted. Our almost 13 y.o. is our first older child adoption and to say it has been difficult is putting it VERY mildly. I do not believe that she is RAD, but instead just very stubborn and rebellious. I was hoping you and I could connect privately through email. My email is caribacon@comcast.net
Thanks: Cari
Post a Comment