2. "Miss A" got out of the social workers van to greet us and threw up! What a way to meet up, huh?! Poor girl, she was really nervous and a little car sick! She quickly recovered and made fast friends with "Little Missy." She also found out from Jeff that at our house, "whining gets you nothing." Seems like she's a quick learner. (grin)
3. "Miss C" stuck close to me all day. walked by me in the stores we went in, made sure to be right by me anytime we weren't in the car. She opened up about some things I didn't think I'd have any chance of hearing about. and I found out she'd really like a silky purple bedspread. Awesome - I was praying for a quick connection with her!
3. After telling us all day how they don't like vegetables, all 3 girls ate SALAD at dinner - WHAT? - then they were all 7 laughing (like I said before, they laughed ALL day!) because they said that the reason "Miss D" ate her veggies was because she really liked our house and family and wants to stay. She smiled shyly, but it was obviously the truth. Break my heart. . . I hope we can help her know she is loved and accepted even if she doesn't eat salad (but we're glad she apparently doesn't HATE it as much as she thought! LOL!). Pretty telling. . .
4. Funny moment of the day -
During our reading the Bible story (The Road to Emmaus), I asked everyone who they thought the "stranger" was.
"Jesus," "Jesus," "Jesus," (x7)
then in a joking way, Daddy says "yeah, the answer is always 'Jesus,' when you're reading the Bible, right?"
and then, as serious as can be, "Miss D" says:
"Yeah. . . OR 'Moses.'
Oh my! Life just got a little more hilarious at my house!
1 comment:
Jen,
I'm so glad to hear it is going well. The Grinnells came over for dinner the other night. We had such a great time with them. The only thing missing was you guys. We miss you!!
Post a Comment