Incredible husband preached on Sunday (if you know where we live and go to church, you can hear his message online through our church's website or email me for the link) and he talked about "Faith." One of the many encouraging/challenging things he reminded us of was that so often we want to share in God's glory but don't want to share in the suffering. BUT, that when we say "NO" to sharing in Christ's suffering, we are often saying "NO" to sharing in His glory by getting to be a part of the incredible things he is doing. WOW! What a good reminder. I don't think there is anywhere this is more true than in adoptions! So often there really are HARD things and suffering surrounding adoption, but when we are open to saying "yes" EVEN THOUGH it might be hard, we gain the blessing of being able to be involved in God's amazing redemptive work in our children's lives!
Does anyone else understand what I'm saying here? The reality of this just brings me to tears even thinking about it. I mean, if Jeff and I had said "NO, Lord, adopting 3 older children from Liberia is just too crazy, we don't have the money, and we don't want to hurt our bio. son," then we would have MISSED out on Big Jo, Speedy Mo, and Little Missy!!! I can't IMAGINE life without them! And, here's the funny thing. . .
I can't imagine life without Miss C, Miss D, and Miss A (and it has only been 5 days!).
"Yes, Lord!" May we all say "Yes, Lord!" with full abandon that we might get to share in His Grace and His Glory and to see the amazing things he has planned!
5 comments:
Amen!
Happy to hear that things are going so well!!
I agree!! People thought we were crazy, some still do, for adopting two little ones when our bio's were almost grown! Yes, if we had not adopted we would be empty nester's in a year and life would be much easier for me in so many ways. But the love, challenges, growth and blessings we would have missed are incomparable!!! God is so good to multiply your love and energy! So as I research helping to heal trauma affected kids and learning disabilities, I praise God that he has given me such wonderful blessings and that my home is anything but clean and empty!!
Praying for you all in all your decisions in the coming months! We will have to try to get the kids together again. Caleb still talks of your boys.
Delight in Him
Donna
Jen-
I am SO happy to hear that things are going well. I will try and connect to your hubby's sermon. I need to hear things like that. :-D I bet the girls are wonderful!
GOD BLESS YOU GUYS for all that you do to serve Him. HALLELUJAH!
Love ya,
Frances
Hi Jen,
Frances turned me on to your blog and I'm visiting. I thought your blog name sounded familiar. Then I recognized the opening art. I visited you last summer or last winter. I have a friend in VA who has just adopted 2 little boys from Liberia. Have another blogging friend who has 10 bio kids and has adopted a teenage Liberian boy. Looks like Liberia has a few less orphans, praise God! Your words were so encouraging because it still applies to my life and I'm not adopting any kids but would if I could (I'm way too old) so I enjoy families through blogs. I will enjoy yours. God bless you for being obedient to Him for that's the sum of our lives: obedience to the Lord. As we obey we are blessed.
Marj
Being the Mama of 13 children is not the EASY route ... but I wouldn't trade it for the world!
If we had stopped at "only 6 kids", I would be facing an empty nest this year. Yikes! What would I do with myself? So glad I have 7 more to homeschool ... for the next 11 years.
:) :) :)
Post a Comment