Saturday, October 11, 2008

Reason number 15,301

Yes, I think we're up there in the double-digit thousands now!  

THIS is just one of the MANY reasons we choose to educate our own children rather than throw them out there to the increasingly secularly humanistic, socialist indoctrination factories that were once called public schools.  

My apologies if you are one of the rare public school teachers that still believes and practices that public schools are for educating children in reading, writing, and arithmetic and are attempting to work within the system.  I am so thankful for you and pray that you may be encouraged to stand strong in your endeavor (which, I realize, is extremely difficult and discouraging).  May God grant you the strength to continue.  

However, if you are a parent who has a choice, may I gently suggest that you take a SERIOUS look at what is really going on?   Start with the link above, but then check out some of the statements coming out of the NEA.  Look up some of the recent education bills that have almost been passed in states like CA.  Public school IS NOT what it used to be and it is certainly not an encouraging, nurturing, spiritually uplifting environment for the tender souls of our children.  Even if you are still going to choose public schooling as your primary means of educating your children, please don't stick your head in the sand about what is really going on.  Be (and stay) informed!

If we are going to raise godly children for His Glory, we must be intentional in our choices.

2 comments:

junglemama said...

Hey now, public school is really not that bad.... at least not all of them. I am very involved with my children's education and I have come to know the staff very well at my kids' school. They are very strict and my kids have actually had very positive experiences for the most part. My husband and I feel that our kids are witnessing to others just as God calls all of us to do whether we are young or old. We feel that they are being prepared for the actual workplace, and since we are able to deal with issues that come up now, we think it is better preparing our children to deal with even bigger issues in the future.

I would not be so quick to bash all public schools-- I think they know that they need to improve and have been doing a pretty good job of it for the most part. With that said, I think that if you are called to homeschool--- more power to you!

Jen said...

Christine,

I love reading your blog and admire your family and all you have been doing to help families understand disruptions! Thanks!

I definitely am not trying to start the public school vs. homeschooling debate and I don't think (after re-reading my original post) that I was bashing public schools. I am really sorry if it came across that way to you.

What I was trying to do was to share the info (linked to at the beginning of the post) about how Bill Ayers and many others are VERY intentionally trying to make the public education system an indoctrination factory for a very liberal and anti-Christian worldview. If you didn't read the linked article, please do.

We actually have very good friends who are a public schooling families and they try to do a great job at staying informed, being involved, and knowing what is going on. We also know lots of other public schooling families who honestly don't have a clue about the agenda that is being promoted in their local school, don't know what the NEA stands for, don't know what education bills their states are trying to pass (did you know that CA just tried to pass a bill that would allow either gender to use locker rooms based on their "gender choice?").

What I was really trying to do was to encourage ALL parents to be informed and intentional in their parenting/schooling choices. Sounds like you would agree!

Love,
Jen