Thank you so much for praying. It has been a real struggle to be REALLY sick (both husband and I) for 4 of the first 6 days our new children have been home. I told Jeff that if we could survive this while sick, then surely we can survive it (and even thrive) when we are well! LOL!
As I was contemplating how I would respond to the constant eye-rolling, whining, sagging-shouldered "aw, but mommee!" sounds of my un-parented, steeped in tween-culture, attempts to manipulate me of my new 9 and 12 year old daughters today. . . (way too long of a sentence, but it continues), I found myself thinking how totally spoiled they were and how all of their responses are totally dependent on them getting what they think they deserve: if they get it they are happy - if they don't, they are whining and pouting.
AND THEN IT HIT ME!
I have been whining and complaining to God (and a few select friends) that I am sick right now and how unfair it is and how it would be easier if I was not sick because, after all, I had plans for this first week and this is making MY life harder and that really God should give me what I want because I think it is best . . .
Oh. . .
Ah, yes, I just love how adoption has opened up my eyes to all of the ways that I respond like a spoiled orphan when I am not believing and living in the reality of the fact that I am an ADOPTED daughter of THE benevolent King of the Universe! He really does love me and really does have a GOOD purpose and plan for my life. No discipline seems good at the time but in the end it reaps a harvest of righteousness. Ultimately, it is not about "me" anyways. It is about Him being glorified. IF I really believe that He is good AND that He is sovereign, then I can fully trust him with EVERYTHING (even being sick right now) and. . . probably, I shouldn't whine about it!? LOL!
So, praising God for all of the good things that are coming from this sickness and doing just what I tell my children to do: "put your shoulders back, put a smile on your face, and with joy in your heart say 'yes, mommy.' Good job!"
"Yes, Daddy!" :)
2 comments:
Happy to hear you are feeling better.
Isn't it great when we tell our kids something then see it in ourselves. Always makes me roll my eyes at my stupidity!! LOL!
I can't believe how much I have grown through adoption!!
Sorry, that last post was from me, but I had forgotten to log out of my son's cross country blog!!
Delighting in Him
Donna
Post a Comment