*PLEASE, dear friends, take time to read the link I've included later in this post.
I haven't actually fallen off the face of the planet. I do, at some point in the future, plan to blog on a more regular basis. I think I need that new software called "Dragon" where I can SPEAK my thoughts and it will type out what I say! If you are my friend in real life, you know that I could more than fill a blog with that!
What I really wanted to share with you today is the best description of Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD) that I think I've ever read. I often have people ask me how I would describe "attachment issues" and I think that Lisa captures it SO clearly *HERE. From a mother's perspective, this is exactly what it is. Even if you don't parent children with attachment issues, it would be so great to read this so you can understand and support your friends who are parenting children from hard places!
Also, please pray for Jeff and I as we may be speaking at an upcoming foster parent event - about adopting older children and about helping children with RAD heal. Even though we've lived it and LOVE to share with others, this feels a bit daunting to me. Of course, my dear preacher husband will be just fine, but I do better in the one on one conversations!
3 comments:
Love your blog! I too speak at adoption and foster classes and events. I try to have a few notes with me, kind of like a out line to remind me of what I want to say. Don't worry the time goes by fast!
Love your blog! I too speak at adoption and foster classes and events. I try to have a few notes with me, kind of like a out line to remind me of what I want to say. Don't worry the time goes by fast!
I'm new to your blog but discovered you through Shaun Groves' blog (in the comments!). Your family is just beautiful!!!
I'm trying to finish up a series on adoption, starting next week, and if you have time, I'd love a little bit from you about RAD. I don't have any personal experience with it but so many older kids have it & I am a big proponent of older child adoption.
You can email me: jamie [at] seejamieblog.com
Thanks!
Post a Comment