(sorry about the first post, the recipe is actually here in more than pictures this time!)
My kids LOVE lasagna.
Do you know how long it takes to make enough lasagna for my family of 12?
I guess it goes without saying that we don't have lasagna that often.
UNTIL NOW
because I have finally invented
The Lazy Mom's Lasagna!
As you know, I don't follow recipes and I don't measure anything (very few measuring cups would be big enough. LOL!)
So, once again I will give you my non-recipe-recipe and hope you can follow along. I promise, it will be worth it!
Little noodles (like rotini or gemelli), boil, pour into roasting pan
(yes, that is a TURKEY size roasting pan - adjust to the size of your family. . .
mine actually can eat all of this!)
ground beef - cook w/ a little salt, pepper, basil, garlic, onion (optional)
drain off grease, pour on top of pasta
(add olives in there too if you want)
Use your Bosch or kitchen aid to blend up the following:
1 lg. tub cottage cheese, 1/2 tub cream cheese,
Weird, I know, just trust me!
some creme fraiche (or not - I had some homemade so I used it),
chopped up spinach leaves, salt, and basil.
pour this cheesy mixture on top of meat
now get a big spoon and mix it all together (noodles, meat, cheese blend)
pour on top 1 lg. tub of speghetti sauce (costco or homemade)
top w/ mozzarella cheese
bake 350 till heated through and mozz. melted nicely on top
serve in a bowl w/ a slice of garlic bread and a salad.
YUM!
If you try this, please let me know what you think!

4 comments:
i definitely want to try this one on my family!!
I think I'm going to try a spaghetti squash version for my low-carb family :^) Thanks Jen!
Made it and LOVED it! Lasagna is one of my faves so this is way easier! :D
That sounds so good, Jen. You are such a great cook!
Post a Comment