2. "Chatty's" first ever visit to a pumpkin patch
(he's 9! so we're definitely making up for lost time!)
It was also our first visit as a family of 12. We bought 12 pumpkins, 24 apples, some indian corn and a few gourds and had a great time.
Did I say that I love autumn?
3. We'd like to move. No, not out of our town. . . we LOVE it here. . . but is becoming increasingly apparent that our Suddenly Large Family is going to need more outdoor living space as our children become SUDDENLY teenagers (pretty much all at once). So we need to sell our house in this not so great market. Trusting the Lord for a solution and trying to not run ahead of him!
4. Also, this past weekend was full of some crazy stuff we could use prayer for. Wish I could say more, but we do appreciate your prayers. Mostly that WE would be fully trusting the One who is trustworthy and would have wisdom in interacting with others involved.
5. We have actually been having strings of "good" days mixed in with the hard ones. Those of you who have adopted kids from hard places know what I'm talking about. It is such a blessing. Just a few months ago we were entering a vicious downward spiral. . . THANKYOU T4A for helping us worship our way out of that.
6. I haven't canned anything this year.
Zilch.
Zip.
Nada.
My cupboards are lookin' like Mother Hubbard's.
Bummer, since putting up food is one of the main reasons that
I LOVE autumn!
Maybe next year I'll be ready to tackle the pantry again.
Right now, we're just takin' it a day at a time.
7. Hmm. . . do I sound like I've been in Texas and Oklahoma with all this "lookin'" and "takin'?" Well, ya'll, I've gotta say it might could be because we DID get to go visit some of our amazingly wonderful friends in Oklahoma both before and after we went to T4A.
You KNOW your friends are amazingly wonderful when you can jump right back into conversation (after 3 years apart) and pick up just like you'd never left. We love and miss them all so much!
8. Some of that crazy weekend stuff led to my vegging on the computer for a few hours - hence the blog "makeover." BUT - I totally don't know what I'm doing, so if some helpful soul would like to tell me quickly how to move my blog title down so it is readable, I'm all ears (well, eyes really).
2 comments:
Looks like an amazing day!
And yes, as a momma of kids from the hard places-though not as many as you-LOL-I know what you mean. Praying for a long string of those good days!
I'm totally jealous of your blog background. I wish I had seen it when I was re-doing mine. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Autumn, and especially the leaves, so great job. :-D
Post a Comment