Saturday, December 26, 2009

Twelve More Days of Christmas!

We had such a wonderful time truly celebrating Advent (the coming) this year, that we have decided to celebrate Christmas for 12 more days! As a part of our continued celebration of Christ's Birth, we will be doing/attempting some of the following:

Our Family's "12 Days" Grand Plan (Pretty Much)
  • Continuing to read and talk about the shepherds and the wise men visiting the Christ Child
  • Memorizing the 12 days song and it's possible true meaning
  • Baking sugar cookie cutouts each day to share with friends and neighbors. I have a set of 12 days cookie cutters we've been waiting to use!
  • We had some small gifts that are for the whole family that we saved - we will have the children choose 1 gift each day to open and use as a family.
  • We will add a set of 12 days ornaments (found at Target, also available at the Land of Nod) to our tree - one each day.
  • We LOVED reading "Jotham's Journey" so much during Advent, that we decided to keep going and read one of our favorite books, "One Wintry Night," during these next 12 days.
  • We will make our annual "Remembering God's Blessings in 2009" booklets together on New Year's Day.
  • I *think* we will have a Twelfth Night celebration and/or Epiphany Party on January 5 or 6.
Well, I am excited to continue celebrating (and I am glad the tree doesn't have to come down quite so soon!). Twelve more nights of carols, 12 more nights of lights, 12 more nights of gifts, 12 more nights of remembering His birth!

I would love to hear how any of you celebrate The Twelve Days or Epiphany. Please leave your ideas in the comments!

1 comment:

Liberia Adoption said...

I showed the 12 days link to RJ. He really liked it. We may try this next year. I'm glad you posted pics. You guys look great!