Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I'm sorry. . .

a couple of you have contacted me in the past month asking about foster care and/or adoption and I haven't gotten back to you yet! I was a *little* busy with Advent, Christmas, and 10 kids. LOL!

BUT,

I actually would like to answer your questions and get back to you but I don't have a very good email sorting system and so I can't find your emails.

SO. . .

Let's do this: If you have a question about adoption, foster care, our crazy (but good) life right now or in the past (we adopted 3 kids from Liberia 2.5 years ago if you are new to the story). . . leave a comment or email me and I will try to answer the questions here on the blog this week!

If you're wondering why I might actually have time to do this, it is because we have 2 wonderful young ladies visiting us this week who are GREAT mother's helpers! Thank you Julie and Ryne!

1 comment:

A mom of many said...

I just really like your blog. I am a newish reader. I do not know your story but am looking forward to reading more back posts to get to know your family better.

We are a family with 14 children ranging in age from 15 down to almost 2. Eight of our childrn are bio and six we adopted from Liberia. Three in Dec '06 and three in Feb '08 from AOH.

Anyway,we are feeling the lead to open our home again to adoption sometime in the next few years and are thinking along the lines of adopting from foster care. We are just at the thinking and praying stage.

I guess the questions I can think of right now would be:

How does foster care/adoption compare to your Liberian adoption?

How much involvment do social workers,the child's bio family, etc.. become involved?

Also how does fostering with the intention to adopt work? Is it like it was for your Liberian children where you choose the children or does the social worker place any child that needs a foster family with you?

Thanks for your great blog,your willingness to answer question, and sweet family!!

Warmly,
Tina