Saturday, July 26, 2008

Home learning plans

I just love the term "home learning" as opposed to "home schooling" since I don't really view our home as a school - but as a home where learning is always taking place.  Sally Clarkson's book "Educating the Whole-hearted Child" and Elizabeth Foss's "Real Learning" helped me in thinking about life in this way!  

But, I digress, this post is supposed to be about my plans for this upcoming "learning year!"  I put plans in italics because I am most certainly NOT a type-A, check-listing, curriculum following type of home schooling mom!  I enjoy taking each day as it comes and have not (at least, to date) ever stuck to any formally laid out lesson plans.  

However, this year I would like to be slightly more intentional in presenting and requiring certain information and response to that information and so I was DELIGHTED to find some wonderful lesson plans that have been laid out by the ladies over at Real Learning.  They just happen to be covering the very time-period we were planning to work on this year and they just happen to be in a list form (as opposed to daily assignments) AND based around good literature.  Just my style!!!  Yeah!!  

So here is the link to what I'm thinking we will be doing this year.

3 comments:

Cyndy said...

Jen! I love the term "homelearning"! It is a concept that really encompasses wht happens when you "homeschool".

Cyndy said...

Hey Jenn! Since you are on a roll with all this blogging I thought I would help you out with this little meme. Feel free to play along or not! :)

Here are the tag rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.


See ya soon!

With piggies up, Cyndy

Shawna said...

Hi Jenn, I just tagged you too! xo