But, for those dear friends of mine who are interested in a quick update, here are some of the high points which I may or may not end up blogging more about sometime in the future:
- We celebrated our first "Gotcha Day" last month with a trip to a hands on science museum and eating out. It was a blast and the children had a great time. This has been an interesting, challenging, fulfilling, stretching, crazy year in our lives and we will forever look back on it as one of those very specific "turning" points in our life where we were really challenged to consider what really matters in life.
- "Big Jo" turned 8 and we celebrated with a trip to the Family Fun Center (ALONE with JUST mom and dad!) - it was great! This one on one time with him was really special and sweet. We have seen such growth and change in his life this year. We can only imagine what it has been like for him and we continue to pray that the Lord would draw Big Jo to himself and continue to help him to grieve his past and feel safe and secure in God's love for him and our love for him.
- We are loving our new home and all that has been going on here. Jeff's parents are moved in to the "granny house" that is attached through the laundry room (I'm sure there is a blog just waiting to be written about this!) and we have had Bible studies, parties, family movie nights, and many more activities which almost always include somewhere between 2 and 8 additional neighborhood children and/or extended family members being present. We LOVE it and pray that this home will be a place of ministry to all who enter it!
- Our small group has been going through Emmerson Eggerich's "Love and Respect" DVD series and it has been incredible. I HIGHLY recommend it for any and all married couples. Emmerson and his wife, Sarah, hit the nail on the head when it comes to presenting God's truth in an interesting and motivating manner. There is a book out too, but the DVD's and/or seminars themselves are really too good to pass up!
- We are wrapping up our "official" homeschooling year and hope to have our last samples turned into our Educational Facilitator at our charter school late next week. In reality, the only thing that changes in our life is just the fact that I won't be needing to turn in any samples over the summer - we have more of a year round lifestyle of learning approach (which, I assume, will include a lot more nature study this summer). I do have to make a bit more of a structured plan for next year - maybe. . .
- Hubby and I are getting away for a much needed two night retreat while his parents and our dear friends who live 2 doors down care for our children. We are hoping to go to IKEA and possibly purchase some bedroom furniture for our room so we can get our mattress off of the floor (although, after 10 years, it is really probably NOT that big of a deal!).
- We are hoping to be approved to be foster parents sometime by the end of June or July. Not quite sure where this will go, but we know we will most likely be a "receiving home" for now - taking in babies and toddlers who need a place to stay while the social workers and judges are making decisions. We are also open to more long term fostering and to foster adoptions if the Lord leads.
- Life is full, life is good, I am trying to live in light of eternity, but I am so easily distracted - Oh, help me Lord!
6 comments:
You are one amazing woman Jen! Thanks for posting. Enjoy your trip to IKEA for me...you know I'm a little jealous :).
You are a great blogger! I always look forward to reading yours. Have a fantastic time with your hubby!
I didn't know that Love and Respect had a DVD series! Definitely checking that out. Hope you enjoyed your time out with Hubby. And fostering - awesome!
Good to hear how you're doing!
http://www.klaty.com
Jen I always check your blog and enjoy your posts.
LOVE IKEA....
Glad to see an update!
Knowing that you are going to be used by the Lord to help heal broken hearts!!! We are hoping to be in CA this summer to finalized Liam*s adoption (THANK GOD) ... maybe we will be able to get together for dinner or something?!
Love,
Kim
Post a Comment