Tuesday, March 18, 2008

In the Middle of Moving. . .

That's where we are - in the middle of moving into our new house. What an incredible blessing it is and we are so excited to move into this home that the Lord has provided. It has been funny to tell people that we will be moving into our new home as soon as the repairs are finished! Let's just say that carpet tacks and radiant floor heat don't go so well together! LOL!

Our new home is just perfect! It has LOTS of room in the main living space for our growing young couples bible study and I LOVE my new kitchen with a bar area where my kiddos can sit and work on projects while I am in the kitchen. It is a very open floor plan which works well for our home-learning lifestyle. Also, it has 4 bedrooms (so we have lots of room for more children. . . I totally have the baby and/or adoption itch!) and a "granny unit" where my dear hubby's parents will soon be moving in. It will be interesting as we adjust to multi-generational living, but I am really looking forward to having our children be able to spend lots of time with their grandparents on a regular basis!

To top it all off, our new home is just 2 houses down from some of our very best friends (who also have 4 children) and we know all of the other families on the street AND it is a cul-de-sac.
I definitely have been struck this week at how we totally and completely are living in the land of plenty. I pray that we might be faithful with what He has given us and have been feeling so undeserving of all of this. It has made me really think about God's grace - his undeserved favor that he lavishes upon us (and I'm talking much more than houses here!). Thank you Lord!

The glory is all the Lord's! He has definitely worked out every detail. Our prayer is that we might always hold this home lightly and use it to glorify him as we minister to others, provide hospitality, adopt and/or birth more children and care for them in it, host bible studies, and whatever else He brings our way.

2 comments:

Liberia Adoption said...

I am so excited for you guys! God has watched you be faithful with little and He knows you will be faithful with much! To Him be all the glory forever amen!

Created For His Glory said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to hear that you're "expecting" again ... you can't leave all that room empty too long!
Blessings,
Kim