Saturday, January 12, 2013

Desperate?

Somewhere in the middle of Sarah Mae and Sally Clarkson is where I find myself as I read through the chapters of their latest book,



Though I never experienced the desperation of being a mama of many littles under age 5 all at once like Sarah Mae, I remember feeling desperate and needing to breathe many times over the past 5 years -

it was in this season of bringing home 9 hurt and traumatized children - first 3 and then 6 all within 2.5 years, that I found myself laying on my bed crying out to God on many days that I was simply DESPERATE for Him to save me.  to save them.  to do something, anything, because I was simply at the end of what I thought I could handle.

And I find that I can echo so many of Sally's words of wisdom in "Desperate."  Words that bring hope and healing to mamas everywhere who are in their own desperate season.

The truth is that God is with you and that He walks beside you and will be the strength in your weakness.  This dying to self, this desperate place is the place where new life begins.  Oh how much it hurts at the time and how hard and unending it seems, but the process of death does, in fact, bring life!

Get a copy (or 5) of this book!  Are you a young desperate mama?  Read it with a friend or two and encourage each other.  

Are you an older mama no longer desperate?  Remember how it felt when you were and DO SOMETHING today to relieve and come alongside a desperate mom.  Cook them a meal, go over and babysit so they can go on a date, offer financial help, or even just a coffee date and a listening ear.

And, remember, young moms with little ones aren't the only desperate ones.  Mamas who parent KFHP's (Kids From Hard Places) are sometimes the most desperate of all!



No comments: