PLEASE skip over to her blog today and read "When Love Cries Out."
One small morsel that I will be adding to my favorite quotes list:
"Our God is not a passive lover
and the love He calls forth from us cannot be passive
if it is going to trump fear."
Choosing to say "YES!" to what Sara calls the "awkward, unnatural love" of adoption is what changed our lives completely. . . wrecked our lives (for good), trumped our fears, and has taught us more about the Father's love, grace, and our complete need to depend on Him and abide in Him in all things.
2 comments:
Hello,
I'm Elizabete Saukas and as you, my heart beats for the orphans.
And in love for this cause, i'm promoting a fundraising campaign to bless a orphanage in Brazil. And i would like to invite you to take a look in this campaign:
http://igg.me/p/190659?a=948482
Blessings,
Elizabete Saukas
Interesting coincidence: I was just looking at an old post and noticed a comment from you, when we were both at the Together for Adoption in Austin a couple years back. I clicked over here to check out your blog and saw this link to Sarah's blog, whom I just had the privilege of meeting in September at yet another conference!
Small world. Your family pix on the top of your blog is lovely!
Mary, momma to 10
Post a Comment