Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Thank you Auntie Leila

If you've never heard of Auntie Leila, you are seriously missing out on some wonderfully practical and biblical parenting wisdom!  

Today, her advice couldn't be more helpful since it is actually a response to a personal question my friend Shawna and I sent her about the new dynamic of parenting all of our "early teen" aged children - especially in regards to them spending time together with friends.  

Most days I feel like I have a small jr. high youth group in the van with me and I'm finding (as Auntie Leila suggests) that it is extremely helpful to have productive activities to involve them in rather than letting them play the day away.  

In fact, whereas my "littles" and "middles" (those aged 4ish - 10ish) seem to be able to productively fill their day with appropriate creative active play, the "bigs" (11-14) can seem only to be able to find mischief and trouble when left to their own free time and tend to start to pick at the younger ones.  

SO, I really really appreciate Auntie Leila's advice today!  Hope you will click over and read!  Especially if your "littles" and "middles" are becoming "bigs."

------------------
Thanks to a friend I saw on the 4th of July who encouraged me to start blogging again - I think I'm back. ;)

5 comments:

Leila said...

My pleasure! You have a beautiful family, and your friendship with Shawna is lovely. I was blessed to hear from her (and you!).

Shauna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shauna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shauna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shauna said...

Sorry for the 10 comments, then none. Going to check this out! I am seeing the same thing. :)