Of course, this is my goal most days,
but I actually verbalized the goal this morning to the children and here's what happened after breakfast:
First we had our "Circle Time" - read our Jesus Storybook Bible (LOVE this), The Children of Noisy Village, Favorite Poems of Childhood, and went over our memory work (verses, presidents, landmarks, and such).
Next, all of the children worked on cleaning up their bedrooms, laundry (for those whose "laundry day" it is), and personal items around the house.
Then everyone teamed up and tackled some projects around the house - we
- raked the backyard and picked up the random stuff outside
- raked the front yard and cleaned up the toys that were under the porch
- made lunch and cleaned up the kitchen
- put away some bulk spices into jars in the pantry
- put away blankets and pillows and sleeping bags from last weekend's "sleep-over."
- vacuumed upstairs bedrooms
- picked up the little boys room and washed the bedding from last night's bed-wetting accident
We quickly ate lunch, cleaned up and jumped in the van with a rake and a bucket and. . .
went to a friend's house to rake and pick up leaves and acorns from their front yard. Everyone worked really hard and we finished their yard and the neighbor's in just under an hour. The kids were blessed with cookies and some playing in the sunny yard before heading home with $30 that we decided to send to some missionary friends
spent some time celebrating with more cookies and oranges in the backyard before
tackling a little "academic" work of reading, writing, and arithmetic (about 20 minutes of each)
and then everyone was off to check their "zones" and do their "zone work" before
dinner with Dad, clean-up, and reading TWO chapters of Amon's Adventure (love it).
So, what do you think? Productive? I suppose it is a matter of perspective, but for us, right now, this was quite a day!
5 comments:
VERY productive and well organized...wow! :)
That sounds like a GREAT day!!!!
yes, well. . .
lest you think every day is like this (or even most), I must say that I only posted this to remind myself that there ARE sometimes days I do more than cook, clean up, cook, clean up, referee, clean up, cook, clean up, referee, etc. . . LOL!
verbalizing the plan for the day seems to be a start in the right direction. . . hmm. . . going to see if this was just a fluke or if it really works. . .
I'll let you know!
hi Jen,
I'm not stalking you I promise :) I jumped over to your blog to stop hijacking Courtney's comment section :)
Could you shoot me your email address so I could pick your brain a little more? Thanks so much for taking the time to give me some pointers. SOO very thankful!!
Halljennifer07@gmail.com
Thanks again!
Post a Comment