Friday, January 21, 2011

A Work in Progress

Then they can train the younger women
to love their husbands and children,
to be self‑controlled and pure,
to be busy at home,
to be kind,
and to be subject to their husbands,
so that no one will malign the word of God.
-*Titus 2:4-5

Dearest "younger women" friends,

Are you just starting out and it seems like you'll never "get it?"

Do you have multiple ones at home and you feel like you just barely make it through each day?

Is your house a mess and your dinner less than appetizing?

Is your love life with your husband lacking (or non-existent)?


I know.

It is hard.

and,

for some of you,

it seems like you

"just weren't made for this*."

but

Don't be discouraged by what doesn't come naturally.

Honestly, I didn't know ANY of this* when I started out either.
It has been a seeking, reading, praying, growing, working it out
process to get where I am now
as a woman, wife, mom, and homemaker. . .

and I'm still learning

and have far to go.

Satan would love for you to believe that you can't do
what doesn't come easily or naturally.

That is a LIE.

God has created us to be helpers
and nurturers
and managers
and so much more
and
He equips and teaches us to do it.

Learning to find joy and contentment
in the hard work of this* has been one of

the

most

refining

processes

in my whole life.

It has been KEY in helping me to die to myself.

and oh,
so very hard
BUT SO VERY GOOD!


Take heart, my dear friends,
for as my grandmother always said,

"We are all a work in progress."

None of us have arrived yet (no matter how it looks on the outside!)

On the journey,

Jen

3 comments:

Mama in Uganda said...

Amen Mama,

Thanks for sharing.

I am "on board."

Blessings,
Summer

Michelle said...

Great post- thanks for the encouragement!

Harmony said...

Thank you Jen :^)