Funny, because I couldn't stand rice pudding as a child so I never thought I'd even make it for my kids!
BUT, then I had 10 children and we often eat rice AND we sometimes have leftover rice and that is how this easy, yummy rice pudding recipe came to be.
I think I've said before that I don't really measure things. I know, I know, makes it hard to replicate, but really - it is VERY simple:
mix together
leftover brown rice
eggs
milk
sugar
cinnamon
Bake at 425 in a convection oven for about 30 minutes? (or lower in a regular oven for a little longer)
Oh, O.K., I'll give a little more than that for those non-chefs out there.
This morning I probably had about 5 cups of leftover brown rice. I only had 4 eggs so I used those (I usually use more - maybe even up to twice as many). I added just about a quart of milk w/ cream (we drink fresh from the farm raw milk - YUM!) and about 1.5 cups of sugar. Sprinkle in an ample amount of cinnamon, mix well, pour into a pyrex dish (it filled a 9X13 almost to the top) and VOILA!
Breakfast for 12!
1 comment:
sounds yummy thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment