Is it funny that 8 children seems like hardly any?
For some reason, the dynamic changes SO much with the addition or subtraction of one or two children and it is very calm around here today.
Big Jo and Smarty are sewing doll clothes for their little sisters (for Christmas presents).
Sweetie is up in her room sewing a very large stuffed star pillow.
Speedy Mo and Chatty are riding scooters out front.
Spunky, Happy, and Cutie (previously named "Mama's Angel") are playing hide-and-go-seek in the living room and I am mixing up some
Kool-Aid Playdough (a quadruple batch!)
for them to play with next.
Now, off to fix lunch!
3 comments:
I know what you mean. We only have six, but when one of them is gone, we can tell and it's just different. They are missed. When two are gone... the weirdness is doubled. And on.
Though when it's just me and the two year old... it's a break. ;-) I usually clean. Hilarious.
I second that. We now have 12 on the weekends--and all week, when he is not with us, I feel something is missing :( Lord willing, it will be more than weekend visits, as soon as the orphanage director locates a family member to "officially" give us the right to become his "care-givers."
ooh = I was wondering if you would soon have 12! We will be praying for a family member to come forward!
Our children are all wondering when our "next" children will be joining our family! They all say they want us to adopt 2 little girls from Uganda or Ethiopia. We say, let's be ready for whomever God decides!
Post a Comment