Monday, June 28, 2010

Crazy Cousin Camp (part 1)


Last week was a WHIRLWIND of excitement around here! I'm one tired mama!

This was the crazy, fun, exhausting week of our first annual "Cousin Camp."

For years I have been hoping to host "cousin camp" for my 4 nephews (ages 6-12) and my younger half-siblings (ages 8 and 12) to come and spend time with our family. This year I was finally able to convince both my dad AND my sister to send almost all of their children up for a week. . . but only because there were two sports camps for their kids to take part in. LOL!

So, crazy cousin camp started late Sunday evening when my younger sister and brother and two of my nephews joined us for dinner and a movie and settled in.

That brought us to a total of 14 children for the week - ages 2,4,6,6,7,8,8,8,10,10,10,12,12,12!

The week was FULL of activity and adventures.

Our first big activity of the week was Basketball Camp for 8 of the 14 children. It was M-F from 8-12. Here is Speedy Mo showing off his skills and below is a picture of my little brother and my nephew. All of the actual "cousins" loved saying that this little guy (on the left) was their uncle!

One morning, my dear husband took 3 of the remaining children with him to set up Soccer Camp (more on that later) which left me with ONLY a 6, 4, and 2 year old! Now, I know for most mamas, the years of a 6, 4, and 2 year old at home can be rough, but that morning I was thinking,

"Wow, this is CAKE! I can't believe how much I'm getting done, how happy the kids are, how quiet it is. . . "

They do say it is all about perspective!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Liberia Adoption said...

It was so nice to chat with you even if it was just for a bit. That sounds like a fun week! Speedy Mo is so big and handsome:)