-------------------------------------
from July 21, 2008
What a fun idea - a weekly online "scrapbook/memory book". This is a weekly entry (maybe that will help me blog more!) and if you want to join in the fun, just go here and follow the directions to add your "daybook" to the growing list of participants!
Outside my window. . .
the night is dark but I can just make out the horses in the pasture just beyond our back yard. The cool breeze of the late night is blowing in the window and across my bed where I am sitting and working on my first "daybook" entry. Hmmm. . . I am doing the same thing right now only the nights have been a little warmer this week!
I am thinking. . .
about how much I miss my husband when he is away overnight and about how thankful I am for him! (Sigh) It is SO nice to have him home!
I am thankful for. . .
my amazing husband. He is an incredible man who loves and cares for me and our children as well as many others he has been called to shepherd. I think absence definitely makes the heart grow fonder! I miss him! Again, I am thankful to have him home. I am also very thankful tonight for good friends - the kind who watch your children so you can get some homeschool planning done - thanks shawna!
From the kitchen. . .
mmm! Dinner was so wonderful. Our home bible study group enjoyed grilled salmon and marinated lemon pepper chicken along with a fresh from the garden salad, crispy roasted red potatoes with rosemary and olive oil, and some soft toasted garlic bread. The fellowship was even better than the food! That was a good meal and tonight was our home bible study group again - we had MYOM: Make your own mexican: spanish rice, black beans, meat, tortillas, and all of the salad toppings. . . YUM!
I am wearing. . .
Old Navy pajama pants (light blue with big red cherries on them) and an old black t-shirt. I love those pajamas but haven't seen them lately - I think they are lost in the "laundry abyss!" LOL!
I am creating. . .
a blog entry. I know. . . it doesn't happen very often! I am currently creating some new "fall plans." I *might* blog about them soon.
I am going. . .
to enjoy a day with nothing on the agenda tomorrow except to just enjoy it with my family!
I am reading. . .
Educating the Wholehearted child (AGAIN!), Keeping our Children's Hearts, Psalms, a few blogs
I am hoping. . .
that the Lord will bless us with a baby (biological or adopted) sometime in the near future if it is His will. WHOA! I forgot that I even wrote this. Well, stand by for more on this. I will say that just today we heard something unexpected. . .
I am hearing. . .
great news from a friend that they may be bringing home a new blessing very soon: their 4th child but their first adopted child! Baby A has been home for 2 weeks now. She is a sweet little peanut and is blessing the socks off of her great family!
Around the house. . .
still settling in - needing to get rid of clutter and have that garage sale by the end of the summer. enjoying the fact that my children and I can whip the house into shape in just over an hour if we all work together. wondering how much I could grow if I used my back yard for a garden instead of for grass that is hardly ever used since my children play out front a lot.
One of my favorite things. . .
An iced vanilla latte with peppermint and whipped creme - Ahhh! (Bring me one anytime you want!)
A few plans for the rest of the week. . .
pack for our upcoming camping trip, bake some snacks and pre-prepare food for camping trip, swim lessons on Wednesday morning, laundry, pay bills before we leave on our trip, work on garage sale/decluttering, read a good book with the children, organize the medicine cabinet, find some books to take camping, go to the river with children and dog, mow the lawn Camping was great! The kids loved the ocean/beach almost as much as they liked riding their bikes around the campground with their friends! LOL!
A picture thought I am sharing. . .
sorry, no pics right now. I need to get my camera's SIM card and download some soon! I really do need to work on this! Sorry!
1 comment:
kind of nice to look back and compare....interesting.......i held someone else's baby that she had brought to the flea market along with her stuff to sell, he was 3 mo old a real sweetie ...well i hope you have good news>>>>
Post a Comment